Sunday, August 8, 2010

What have I been upto

Well this post goes into the abyss of the virtual world that does not care too much about what I write or read.. but that has never bothered me too much. So what have I been reading..

1. Angela's Ashes: Brilliant, inspiring and warmed the cockles of my heart. Will review soon.

2. In Cold Blood: Capote is a genius, this book completely different from the rest he wrote but the method to that book and how it all comes together is just amazing

3. Shantaram: There was a reason this book was languishing in my book shelf gathering dust for 3 years, mostly because it sucks! It is self indulgent, incredulous and just plain boring. Another reason I will not pick up books written on India to charm the stupid westerner.

Oh did I add did all this while I was on a trip to Ladakh, magical magical place.

Currently reading nothing, started Dangling Man by Saul Bellow yesterday. But currently I am kind of dangling in there my self. Not sure how will life unfold... not sure what I want to do...is the angst worth it or should I just enjoy the ride?
I know deep deep questions, I mean I am pretty philosophical myself... mostly my thoughts are around what's the new excuse not to exercise.But this doing nothing is growing on me dangerously.

No comments:

Post a Comment